The Executive Governor of Benue State, His Excellency Dr Samuel Ortom has initiated a process of preparing a long term Benue State Development Plan. The Governor directed the Committee drafting the Ten Year Development Plan to ensure that the views of the people of Benue State are heard and taken on board in the preparation of the Plan. The purpose of the Call for Memoranda, therefore,
is to capture the views of the Benue People, within and outside the State, on a range of issues.
Benue People should rest assured that their views will be taken seriously, and therefore be realistic and have the future of our dear State at heart as they respond to this call.
For ease of collation of the expected response to this call, the following provide the scope for response:
POVERTY IN BENUE STATE
1. What do you think are the main causes of poverty in Benue State?
2. What do you think needs to be done to end poverty in the state? (Specify roles of government, individuals, community development associations, etc.)
*Concerning the performance of government in the past four years
1. In which areas of service provision has government done well?
2. In which areas of service provision has government not done well?
3. What factors can make government perform better?
(Be specific on Local Government and State Government responsibilities)
1. What do you think are the main challenges facing the development of your community/ Benue State?
2. Please outline the top three needs that the state Government should address to improve the lives of ordinary people
3. What specific things should government do to address the needs of women, youths, and persons living with disability?
THE ROLE OF CITIZENS IN DEVELOPMENT PLANNING, IMPLEMENTATION AND MONITORING
1. What role do you think ordinary people should play in development planning, implementation and monitoring?
Forward your memoranda to : firstname.lastname@example.org
This call is open for two weeks when the committee shall gather such suggestions for consideration and onward inclusion into the draft.