The Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom, has further announced the names of 13 Special Advisers. This brings their number to 15 as approved by the House of Assembly.
Ortom who made the announcement at a meeting with his strategy committee at the new Banquet Hall of the Benue Peoples House also fixed Tuesday, 21st July, 2015 for the swearing in ceremony of the advisers and 13 commissioner nominees cleared by the assembly. The governor had earlier sworn in two at separate ceremonies.
According to him, reduction of ministries from 17 to 13 and advisers from 28 to 15 was in a bid to cut costs.
The names of the ministries and nomenclatures of the advisers were also unveiled at the meeting.
Details are as follows:
1. Rev. Joe Ogezi – Ado
2. Alhaji Isah Usman – Agatu
3. Hon. Dr. Adzer Abya – Buruku
4. Hon. Dr. Bem Melladu – Gboko
5. Dr. (Mrs) Magdalene Dura Guma
6. Hon. Titus Zam – Gwer West
7. Tsenongo Abancha – Katsina-Ala
8. Sarwuan Tarnongo – Konshisha
9. Moses Odu – Ogbadibo
10. Barr. Patricia Kupchi – Oju
11. Godwin Idoko – Okpokwu
12. Dr. Augustine Idoga – Otukpo
13. Arc, Joe Ikyaagba – Vandeikya
Advisers earlier sworn in:
14 Edwin Jando – Ukum
15 Tahav Agerzua – Ushongo
The advisers will head the following areas:
2. Economic Investment
4. Legislative and Inter-governmental Affairs
5. Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs
6. Research, Strategy, Monitoring, and Evaluation
7. MDGs and NEPAD
8. Rural Development
9. Employment and Labour Matters
10. SMEs and Agro-financing
11. Media and ICT
13. Religion and Civil Society Organizations
14. Agro Business
15. Special Duties.